About The Team:
The Charlotte Stone team is mighty and fast-growing. You will have the unique opportunity to help build out one of the most important aspects of our business: making sure our shoes arrive safely from our factories and that they land on the feet of our customers with ease & satisfaction.
About The Role:
This role has one hand in logistics + one hand in customer experience, supporting everything from the receipt and management of inventory from our factories to product launches and post-purchase customer interactions. Your role is pivotal in creating a seamless workflow all the way through to order fulfillment and returns. While the regular schedule for this position is typically five days a week (Monday-Friday), this role may include working overtime on a seasonal or on-call basis.
What You'd Do
- Communicate production calendar status updates between the factory and the Charlotte Stone teams to ensure timely delivery of bulk freight for product launches.
- Support fulfillment specialist in receiving and inventory deliveries, including performing quality control checks on all incoming freight shipments and comparing order quantities with delivery quantities for accurate inventory.
- Develop customer-focused fulfillment processes. Identify process bottlenecks and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate regularly with shipping carriers to make sure online and freight orders are being picked up and received in a timely manner.
- Support in maintaining a safe, clean, and organized fulfillment center.
- Frequently analyze product levels, sell-throughs and return rates and work with production and marketing teams on adjusting based on these metrics (i.e. size variants with high sell-throughs need to be re-ordered/redistributed, products with high return rates may need increased/improved marketing or site information).
- Prepare regular reports for the team on production, inventory, and customer experience KPIs.
- International shipping:
- Ensure best-practices in international shipping.
- Prepare export documents as required to support international shipments.
- Lead the charge in expanding Charlotte Stone’s shipping offerings to extend beyond North America.
- Take the lead on resolving all shipping issues, including filing claims and liaising between the customer and the carrier.
- Track shipments as needed and relay findings internally and externally.
- Returns: Own the Charlotte Stone return process, from A - Z. Including but not limited to:
- Track, process, and QC returns.
- Update systems, policies, and software to support growth, as needed.
- Report out on KPIs and implement data-driven changes in response.
- Support the Customer Experience Manager in assessing and adjusting staffing to meet the needs of both CX & Fulfillment departments.
- Support on day-to-day Customer Service requests, as needed.
You'll love this role because you're...
- First and foremost, a believer in the Charlotte brand and product. You can genuinely advocate for the brand’s mission, vision and values.
- A self-starter who takes pride in being highly organized, flexible, and meticulous.
- Eager to build from the ground up and you don't scoff at performing duties outside your primary responsibilities.
- The definition of a team player; you're curious and always asking yourself "how can we do this even better?"
We're obsessed with you because...
- You have prior experience in Customer Service and/or Fulfillment and you can't wait to bring your experience to our team.
- You’ve helped scale systems and processes to support a fast-growing team and business.
- You’re ridiculously organized and you live for the details and the connections. Google Calendar is your best friend.
- You’re an excellent communicator—you’re friendly but direct and have patience when communicating with shipping reps and/or suppliers.
- You are flexible and can roll with the punches.
- You’re a problem-solver and come up with creative ways to pivot when *@#% happens.
- You’re familiar with Shopify and love a good spreadsheet.
- 1+ years of experience in Customer Experience, Operations, Logistics and/or E-Commerce
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Highly empathetic and customer-centric
- Organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once
- Analytical mindset with a strong ability to compile, analyze, and report data
- Hard-working and willing to roll up your sleeves! No job is too big or too small for you.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, fluid environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and take initiative.
- Positive Attitude
- Eager to work in a growing company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It'd be a plus for you to have...
- Working knowledge of Shopify
- Start-up experience
- Experience with Zendesk or other similar CRM systems
- College degree